How to apply
We have a diverse team of skilled individuals and we are committed to professional and personal development and to ensuring that Access Point is a great place to work.
We look for individuals who understand our business and are driven to improve it. Our people are the source of our success. To sustain this level of professionalism and expertise, we are constantly seeking qualified and engaged individuals to join our team.
Access Point offers competitive compensation, health insurance, and 401k benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Email email@example.com to apply or inquire.
Java Web Services Engineer
Access Point Inc. is looking for a professional software engineer to join our team. As a Java Engineer, you will put your skills and creativity to work through team-oriented design, implementation, and support of business impacting software applications. Your responsibilities will include general requirements analysis, software feature design, coding, software integration, testing, and maintenance for several high impact applications focused in both Sales and Operations. This will include using your professional experience in Web Services to deliver new integrations in the exciting areas of cloud, data, managed, and wireless services.
- Analyze, design, code, and test new Java application components and enhancements in accordance with user requirements
- Consume pricing and ordering web service APIs with multiple telecom and equipment trading partners to support enterprise sales and provisioning applications
- Consume monitoring and reporting web service APIs in the data, wireless, and managed services product areas
- Exhibit strong understanding of cross-browser support and environment compatibility
- Employ professional software engineering best practices while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Perform as a key player in the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, and production support
Improve business performance by recommending and supporting continuous improvement to processes and applications supported
- Be a self-starter with passion and creativity
Software Developer should have at least 2 years of the following required skills:
- Apache Maven 3 +
- Apache Tomcat 7
- Dom4j API
- Java EE 5
- Java SE 7
- JUnit testing
- MS SQL Server
- Netbeans 8.2 or other Open Source Modern IDE
- OO Design
- Source Control Management (SVN)
- Spring Framework 3.1 +
- Spring Web Services
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
5+ years of professional software development experience building enterprise Java applications
2+ years of experience developing Web Service APIs using SOAP, REST, JSON, and XML
Knowledge of RDBMs like MS SQL Server and data modeling
Telecommunications industry experience is a plus
Other Desired Skills:
- Apache Archiva (Maven Local Repository Management)
- Apache HTTP Server
- Apache Tiles
- Maven Release Plugin
- Mybatis SQL Mapper
- SOAPUI PRO/Ready API
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
Project Coordinator – Service Implementation
- Plans, schedules and organizes work plan to ensure efficiency and compliance with all contract requirements and statement of work
- Budgetary review of special projects requiring construction and contract comparison
- Assists with establishing project timelines internally as well as with the client
- Monitor and modify project schedule
- Conduct weekly client calls/meetings per project
- Review project status and provide daily tracking reports to customer and weekly tracking reports to management
- Manage interdepartmental communication on projects
- Assist with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed both internally and externally
- Responsible for quality control, ordering, and inventory management of telecom services for customers in project phase
- Assists Project Manager and internal departments in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes
- Act as primary contact both internally and client-facing during implementation of services and initiate warm handoff to Major Account Rep. upon project completion
- Act as a primary liaison between agent sales program, internal departments, and end-user
- Review first invoice generated with customer and agent during conversion/install phase
- 1-3 years minimum project management experience
- Telecom experience preferred
- Must be proficient in excel and outlook
- Ability to have discussions with clients at executive/C-level in a professional manor
- Strong organizational and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
Service Order Processing Specialist
Service Order Processing Specialist is responsible for performing a combination of roles and responsibilities with focus on taking new sales opportunities from point of sale, through to the provisioning and billing teams. Responsibilities include contract review, order qualification, interpretation of CSR’s, working with sales agents and customers and order generation for submission to appropriate internal teams. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is able to work both as part of a team and individually. Our ideal candidate has an analytical and investigative personality.
- Previous Telecommunications experience
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Excellent grammar and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Work with sales agents and/or customers in a friendly and efficient manner to assist with data gathering as necessary, to turn sales into orders expeditiously.
- Create new accounts using our internal software for billing and ordering.
- Scrub orders to verify product availability, accurate pricing and appropriate documentation.
- Accurately deliver orders by means of order entry into our internal software to provisioning teams with complete scope of work to be performed.
- Review billing system to make any corrections necessary to product and/or pricing.
- Set up interdepartmental meetings, serving as facilitator to coordinate roll out of multi-location orders with Major Accounts and provisioning teams.
Service Delivery Specialist
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual. The candidate must have knowledge of telecommunication services. As part of our Service Delivery Team, the focus will be on facilitating, establishing and managing the installation of a suite of telecom products. The Service Delivery Specialist is the Single Point of Contact for our end users and sales agents and will manage the implementation process from order initiation to service activation.
- Previous Telecommunications experience; requires a strong understanding of next generation telecom products
- Understanding of Telecom equipment and/or CPE
- Previous knowledge & processing experience using Local and Access Service requests with respect to Integrated, Internet and Dedicated services (i.e. DSL, Cable, VoIP, number portability).
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi task and work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to properly manage third party vendors
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum two years previous telecom experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Previous experience with Broadsoft VoIP switching is a plus
Customer Service Representative
Execute day to day customer service activities in a call center atmosphere for a fast paced nationwide telecom provider, as needed to support Access Point Non- Enterprise customers, as well as our outside agent/sales force. Act as a liaison and primary point of contact between our external customers and internal service delivery and repair/resolution departments.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred.
- 2 years Customer Service Experience. Call center setting preferred.
- Telecom Experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, and Outlook.
- Flexibility to cover alternative shifts if required.
- Answers inbound telephone calls from customers, and sales agents, employing at all times a professional and courteous phone demeanor.
- Responds to and processes inbound emails from customers, and sales agents within established intervals. Requires exemplary communication/writing skills.
- Conducts initial trouble shooting protocol and opens service affecting trouble tickets to be submitted to the service resolution group to be reported to the underlying service provider for repair.
- Reviews invoicing or billing questions as needed, and opens billing inquiry trouble tickets to be submitted to the billing resolution group to be further researched and corrected.
- Monitors progress of both service affecting and billing tickets submitted, and updates the customer or agent as specified by Access Point published service/ repair intervals.
- Processes requests to change, add, move, or delete services. Provides appropriate paperwork and pricing required to facilitate customer’s needs.
- Maintains working knowledge of Access Point product catalogue, and published process documents as they pertain to providing customers with requested information, and to facilitate account changes, adds, moves, deletions, or account maintenance needs. This includes FCC mandated proprietary network guidelines, and internal Access Point Authorized user guidelines.
- Monitors progress of all change orders, communicates due dates, and any other pertinent information as required.
- Monitors and manages individual work queues to keep work flow at acceptable levels, and to keep customers informed of any open troubles, orders, or requests for information.
Major Accounts Representative
The primary goal of the Major Account Representative is to act as an advisor, customer advocate, and strategic partner to ensure customer satisfaction. As a part of this responsibility, this position will be expected to effectively partner with customers and agents, internal API team members, and external client contacts.
- Excellent customer service, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to track and complete tasks in a priority and busy environment.
- Experience with Excel and working with large amounts of data.
- Stellar interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Troubleshoots customer concerns, works with various internal API departments to find appropriate resolution wherever and whenever possible.
- Ensures all service impacting issues are handled as a first priority by opening trouble tickets, and following up with repair commitments completion and close out notes.
- Manages migration projects for nationwide major accounts with minimum impact to the customer.
- Responds to any inquiries in a timely fashion - including but not limited to: questions, order requests, billing tickets, order clarifications, and jeopardies.
- Ensures that standards of quality and service are consistently met, and communicates potential problems to forestall incidents whenever possible.
- Answer phones, resolve and assist in troubleshooting over the phone and provide updates to the customer / agent.
- Have a grasp of the Resolutions Specialist position in order to perform this duty if needed during Resolution off hours.
- Act as the coordination point for major account customers for all order types, migration projects, and billing issues.
- Attend customer meetings and prepare updates to action items in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Assist the credit and collections team with major account customer issues with regards to payment and facilitate resolution.